Guidelines for Submitting Manuscripts
PLEASE NOTE: earthsongschoralmusic publishes only a few high-quality titles per year. Most of the titles we publish are secular. We publish almost no hymns in English. Please follow these guidelines carefully.
- Submit ONLY pieces that have been successfully performed. Include an mp3 or CD recording of the piece. Even a poor quality recording is helpful when making our decision.
- Send a pdf of your manuscript. Include a SASE in you want your materials returned. You can also submit via email at email@example.com
- Include the translation of the piece if not in English.
- If copyrighted text is being used, include written permission to use the text.
- Pieces will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 30 days of submission.
If your piece is chosen for publication, we require the following materials within 30 days of acceptance:
- Your short bio and a black and white photo for publication.
- Text with English translation.
- A signed contract from all composers or copyright holders.
- Program notes for performance.
- History, background, cultural context of the piece.
- Text in IPA with transliteration (if not in English).
- Pronunciation tracks recorded by a native speaker (if not in English).
- Photos or appropriate artwork for the cover of the piece with permission for its use. (We can help with this if you need help.)