go where i send thee (ssa or sat)
- Catalog ID: W-21
- First Line: children, go where i send thee...
- Composer: Paul Caldwell And Sean Ivory
- Voicing: ssa or sat
- Accompaniment: bass, piano
- Language: English, Sacred
- Country: United States
- Series: Anton Armstrong Choral Series
- Other: children, christmas, holiday
- Score: View Score
- Sound: Listen
This is a gospel arrangement of a spiritual from the African-American folk tradition which we first became familiar with through the work of Cynthia Wilson Felder in Texas. From the many variants of the text we have developed an extended version which allowed us to maximize the use of Gospel-style modulation and to give our singers significant one-line reminders of some of the biblical stories on which the African-American musical tradition is based. There is a full recording of this piece on CD-03: Music for the Holidays.
Paul Caldwell and Sean Ivory
Also available for ssatb (S-88) and ttbb (S-392)