wedding qawwali (ttbb)
- Catalog ID: S-365
- First Line: Mubaraqa! Sohna mera sohna, maahi sohna
- Composer: A. R. Rahman / Arr. Ethan Sperry
- Voicing: ttbb
- Solo: none
- Accompaniment: optional guitar, tambourine and djembe
- Language: Punjabi
- Country: India
- Series: Global Rhythms Choral Series
- Other: asia, GRCS, new 2012
- Score: View Score
- Sound: Listen
A. R. Rahman wrote this piece for Bombay Dreams, a musical produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber which opened on Broadway in 2004. Ethan Sperry’s arrangement of the piece uses two lead vocalists, no back up vocals, and traditional instrumentation. Percussion parts can be played by a tambourine and two djembes or similar drums. Also available in an ssaa arrangement.
A recorded pronunciation aid is available from the publisher.